Friday, June 8, 2007

Philly's Best

Philly's Best opened in the Chino Spectrum about six weeks ago. I wanted to wait a while before trying it out, in case there were any bugs in their operations, it would give them time to work them out. I have passed by there a few times and have always seen a lot of foot traffic going in and out of the restaurant, always a good sign.

I had high expectations of Philly's Best from the amount of foot traffic and things that I have read about other Philly's Best restaurants on Chowhound. Sadly, I was disappointed in Philly's Best.

The Mushroom Steak is meat and mushrooms on the infamous Amaroso roll. A few thin slices of pre-proportioned meat is grilled to order, while a pile of onions are on the grill, slowly grilling away. The portion of steak per sandwich is pretty dismal and is just swimming in the large roll, and reminded me of the Steak Escape that you can find at most mall foodcourts.

The Philly's Best contains steak, mushrooms, sweet peppers, grilled onions and provolone cheese. This sandwich contains more ingredients so the bread isn't the main player. All of the components meld together more cohesively.

I would probably give Philly's Best another try down the road, but based on this visit I wouldn't highly recommend it.



Philly's Best
4047 Grand Ave., Ste. F
Chino, CA 91710
(909) 464-9911

No comments: